The Aurora M10 DOB LED downlight is proving to be a revelation in the fast moving world of downlighting technology. Containing the all new DOB (driver-on-board) which is a PCB (printed circuit board) style, capacitor free LED driver that is attached directly onto the circuit board. This feature presents many advantages when compared to other downlights, the main one being that there is no separate LED driver, often the weakest and least reliable component of an LED downlight.
Although this technology is fairly new, the M10 remains competitively priced when compared to other downlights. By using fewer components like no LED driver, Aurora have kept prices to a minimum. It is covered by 67 International Patents and presents a huge leap forward for LED lighting technology in general.
It is fire rated and dimmable as standard. This 50 watt alternative boasts a bright light output of up to 545 lumens for warm white and 575 lumens for cool white. Consuming just 8.5 watts it provides huge energy savings when compared to a 50 watt halogen but without any reduction in light output. With a robust die cast aluminium bezel which is available in a choice of three finishes; matt white, polished chrome and satin nickel.
Like with many other Aurora products there are a great range of accessories available such as hole converter plates, emergency packs. The new M10 is now fitted with an insulation cover cap. The insulation cover cap allows thermal insulation to be placed over the downlight. This is another industry first for an integrated style LED Downlight.
Another key selling feature of this downlight is that it is supplied with a fast-fix connector, this connector allows the majority of the wiring to be done at ground level and helps to speed up installation times. Once the corresponding connector is terminated into the mains cable, the M10 downlight can then be plugged in and out very easily if any maintenance is required.
After over a year in development the trim-less (plaster-in) version of the M10 is now available. It is IP65 rated as standard and supplied with either a white or black trim. Alternatively the slim trim version offers a more minimal design but doesn't require plastering.
- Wattage: 8.5 watt / Comparable brightness to a 50 watt halogen
- Voltage: Mains 240V, no other items are required.
- Cap / base: N/A The LED is integrated into the downlight.
- Position: Fixed or adjustable.
- IP Rating:
- Fixed version is IP65 suitable for bathroom zones 1 and 2.
- Adjustable version is IP20.
- Adjustable versions tilts by 20 degrees and has a 355 degrees rotation.
- Material: Die cast aluminium bezel included in the price.
- Finish: Available in matt white, polished chrome and satin nickel. Choose from the product options.
- Colour temperatures:
- Extra warm 2700K (only available on some options)
- Warm white 3000K
- Cool white 4000K.
- Colour rendering index: 80 CRI
- Lumen output:
Extra warm 465 lms
Warm white 520 lms
Cool white 550 lms
- Part L Compliant.
- Fire rated: Yes, fully fire rated. Tested for 30, 60 and 90 minute ceilings.
- Beam angles: 40 degree beam
- Replaceable lens available which allows you to change to a 24 or 60 degree beams. See related products.
- All versions of this downlight now come insulation coverable as standard, so no additional caps are required.
- Dimmable: Now dimmable as standard. We recommend the Varilight V-Pro range when dimming LEDs.
- LED driver included: Yes new DOB (driver on board) design.
- Life expectancy: 40,000 hours.
- Manufacturer: Aurora Lighting / Aurora M10 downlight.
- 5 Year guarantee
This table below shows you have many M10s you'll need for various room sizes and the lux levels they'll provide:
RRP: £19.11Prices From
Excl. VAT: £12.42 Incl. VAT: £14.90
35% off RRP
RRP: £55.00Prices From
Excl. VAT: £19.25 Incl. VAT: £23.10
65% off RRP
RRP: £33.35Prices From
Excl. VAT: £16.01 Incl. VAT: £19.21
52% off RRP
RRP: £46.00Prices From
Excl. VAT: £36.80 Incl. VAT: £44.16
20% off RRP
RRP: £6.49Prices From
Excl. VAT: £3.89 Incl. VAT: £4.67
40% off RRP
I have yet to fit my latest purchase of Aurora M10s but I have bought them in the past and have found them to be as described - bright, good looking and reliable. They are also easy to fit for a DIYer.
good replacement to fit existing holes work mates, very good
Looks good although not yet fitted.
Just love the look and style
- Hole cut out size: 65 to 72mm. For larger holes of 85 to 145mm we have a hole converter plate.
- Rim diameter: 88mm
- Overall depth: 95mm / 118mm with the insulation cover cap.
- Hole cut out size: 85mm
- Rim diameter: 98mm
- Overall depth: 89mm / 105mm with the insulation cover cap
M10 Slim Trim
- Hole cut out size: 90mm
- Rim diameter: 95mm
- Overall depth: 130mm
- Adjustable Data Sheet: CLICK HERE
- Trim-less Data Sheet: CLICK HERE
- Installation Instructions: CLICK HERE
Approvals & Regulations
- Aurora M10 DOB downlights comply with Building Regulations; Part B (fire safety), Part C (moisture protection), Part E (acoustics).
- Both the warm white 3000K and the cool white 4000K versions fully comply with Part L1 (energy efficiency).
- The cool white version also complies with Part L2.
- AU-FRLD811B/27 - Extra warm white 2700K
- AU-FRLD811B/30 - Warm white 3000K
- AU-FRLD811B/40 - Cool white 4000K
Bezels (specific bezel supplied when you select which finish you require)
- AU-BZ600MW - Matt white
- AU-BZ600SN - Satin nickel
- AU-BZ600PC - Polished chrome
Adjustable (Dimmable as standard)
- AU-FRLD812BMW/30 - Matt White - Warm white 3000K
AU-FRLD812BPC/30 - Polished Chrome - Warm white 3000K
- AU-FRLD812BSN/30 - Satin Chrome - Warm white 3000K
AU-FRLD812BMW/40 - Matt White - Cool white 4000K
- AU-FRLD812BPC/40 - Polished Chrome - Cool white 4000K
AU-FRLD812BSN/40 - Satin Chrome - Cool white 4000K
Trimless (Dimmable as standard)
AU-FRLD814B/27+AU-BZ604W - White - Extra warm white 2700K AU-FRLD814B/30+AU-BZ604W - White - Warm white 3000K AU-FRLD814B/40+AU-BZ604W - White - Cool white 4000K
- AU-FRLD811B/27+AU-BZ605W - Extra warm white 2700K
- AU-FRLD811B/30+AU-BZ605W - Warm white 3000K
- AU-FRLD811B/40+AU-BZ605W - Cool white 4000K