Aurora DLM98 downlights have a long can and can be used with deeper LED bulbs such as the Philips Hue, this doesn't include the IP65 bathroom version. They have a modern looking design and operate on mains voltage, requiring additional GU10 bulbs.
Even though they are deeper in size ranging from 139mm to 145mm they are suitable for housing both shorter and deeper LED bulbs. If you're looking for matching LED bulbs we recommend the Aurora Enlite GU10 LEDs which are available in a 3 watt or 5 watt versions and in dimmable and non dimmable options.
DLM downlights have a thin bezel that is less noticeable in a ceiling space offering a more minimal appearance. These downlights are also available in a more compact short can version here.
Choose between fixed, adjustable or IP65 versions for bathrooms. Available in white, polished chrome or satin nickel.
As standard they can't be covered with thermal insulation but additional cover caps can be added separately to make them insulation coverable. See the bottom of the page for the recommended part codes.
- Wattage: Max 50 watt, lamps must be ordered separately or added from the product options.
- Voltage: Mains voltage 240V.
- Cap / base: GU10
- Position: Fixed, adjustable (known as gimbal) in white and satin nickel only and IP65 for bathrooms.
- IP Ratings:
Fixed and adjustable versions are IP20, not suitable for bathroom zones 1 and 2.
IP65 version is specifically designed for use in bathroom zones 1 and 2 and can be used directly above a shower.
- Material: Cast aluminium front and pressed steel can.
- Fire rated: Yes, tested to 30, 60 and 90 minute ceilings.
- Acoustic rated: Yes
- Deeper can suitable for housing deeper LED bulbs. Short can version also available here.
- Finish: Choose between 3 different finishes:
+ Others available on request
- Manufacturer: Aurora Lighting
- Guarantee: 3 Year
Q) Can I lay insulation directly over these downlights?
A) No, not unless you order a separate insulation cover cap. Here are the product codes for each ICC (insulation cover cap):
- Fixed (AU-DLM981) requires the AU-ICC70
- Adjustable (AU-DLM982) required the AU-ICC79
- Bathroom IP65 (AU-DLM983) requires the AU-ICC70
Alternatively you could order the Aurora insulation coverable downlights. These are fitted with an insulation cover cap as standard.
Q) Will I need any additional items?
A) Apart from a GU10 lamp (bulb) you don't need anything else. If these downlights are being used to replace older downlights you can use the existing cables or if it's for a new installation then you'll need twin and earth cable.
Q) Does the Philips Hue bulb fit in these downlights?
A) Yes it does. This particular range of downlights has a deeper long can housing which is designed for deep LEDs. Deeper LEDs are now less popular apart from the Philips Hue which is a colour changing GU10 LED. Due to the amount of technology in the Philips Hue, the frame size needs to be bigger.
RRP: £19.11Prices From
Excl. VAT: £13.38 Incl. VAT: £16.06
30% off RRP
RRP: £20.40Prices From
Excl. VAT: £3.67 Incl. VAT: £4.40
82% off RRP
RRP: £32.38Prices From
Excl. VAT: £15.54 Incl. VAT: £18.65
52% off RRP
RRP: £46.00Prices From
Excl. VAT: £36.80 Incl. VAT: £44.16
20% off RRP
RRP: £6.49Prices From
Excl. VAT: £3.89 Incl. VAT: £4.67
40% off RRP
- Height: 139mm overall depth (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 85mm diameter.
- Cut out size: 75mm
- Height: 144mm overall depth (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 95mm diameter.
- Cut out size: 85mm
- Tilts by: Approximately 30 degrees, can be restricted slightly when using deeper lamps.
- Height: 145mm overall depth (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 86mm diameter.
- Cut out size: 72mm
- Aurora DLM downlights comply with Building Regulations; Part B (fire safety), Part C (moisture protection) IP65 version only, Part E (acoustics).
- They also comply with Part L (energy efficiency) when fitted with a suitable low energy lamp.
- Fully fire rated, they are fitted with an intumescent pad that expands in the event of a fire. This seals off the hole and prevents the spread of fire. Aurora DLM downlights are tested for use in 30, 60 & 90 minute ceilings.
- Tested to BS476 Part 21
- AU-DLM981W- White
- AU-DLM981PC - Polished Chrome
- AU-DLM981SN - Satin Nickel
- AU-DLM982W - White
- AU-DLM982SN - Satin Nickel
- AU-DLM983W - White
- AU-DLM983PC - Polished Chrome
- AU-DLM983SN - Satin Nickel