Fire Rated LED Downlight Ansell Prism Pro Gen2
Fire Rated LED Downlight Ansell Prism Pro Gen2 is the latest version of the Prism downlight series. With a compact height of 55mm it has a long 60,000 life expectancy and 5 year guarantee.
Fire Rated LED Downlight Ansell Prism Pro Gen2 is the latest version of the Prism downlight series. With a compact height of 55mm it has a long 60,000 hour life expectancy and 5 year guarantee period.
It's fire rated dimmable and IP65 as standard. Available in a choice of finishes that include; matt white polished chrome satin chrome and matt black. The Prism downlight allows you to replace your 50 watt halogens at a reasonable price and without a noticeable drop in light output. Supplied with remote LED driver with push fit terminals that improves installation times.
- Wattage: 6.4W
- Voltage: Mains 240V via the integrated LED driver
- Cap / base: LED is integrated into the downlight
- Position: Fixed position - also available in adjustable
- IP Rating: IP65 suitable for bathroom zones 1 and 2. Also suitable for use in other rooms such as lounges and kitchens etc
- Finishes: Four to choose from:
- Matt white bezel fitted as standard
- Matt black
- Polished chrome
- Satin chrome
- Colour temperature & lumens:
- Warm white 3000K = 511 lumens
- Cool white 4000K = 538 lumens
- Also available in a colour temperature adjustable version that contains 4 colour temperatures in one.
- Colour rendering index: 80 CRI
- Efficacy: 80 to 84 lumens per watt
- Control gear included: Yes
- Fully tested to meet Part C (moisture) and Part E (acoustic) of Building Regulations
- Fire rated: Yes fully fire rated. Certificates available on request
- Beam angle: 60 degrees
- LED driver included: Remote driver with 2x1.5mm + CPC push-fit loop-in loop-out terminals provide an easy and efficient installation
- Detachable LED driver for fast fix install
- Manufacturer: Ansell Lighting
- Life expectancy: 60,000 hours
- 5 Year guarantee
Specifications Beam AngleSpecifications
Every light source from an LED to a simple wax candle has a beam angle. A beam angle is a measurement of how the light is distributed. GU10 LEDs and recessed downlights have a fairly narrow beam of around 40 degrees, anything within 5 degrees is classed as a medium beam.
A wax candle or traditional light bulb would have a beam angle of 360 degrees as the light shines all the way around but is less intense.
Combing brighter downlights with wider 60 degree beams allows you to space them out further, reducing the total amount of lights needed.
More information about beam angles.
60 Degrees Brand Ansell Lighting CRISpecifications
CRI stands for Colour Rendering Index. It is a measurement of how well a light source can render the true colour of an object compared to natural light.
Rated out of 100, with an open flame or sunlight being a perfect 100. A light with 90 CRI and above would be classed as having high CRI, while 80 CRI is the standard for LEDs.
80 Ra Cap Type Integrated LED Colour TemperatureSpecifications
Colour temperature is a measurement of appearance. Measured in Kelvins, the lower the rating, the warmer the light appears. Choosing the right temperature can have a dramatic effect on a room.
2700K - Extra Warm White
Similar to a traditional incandescent light bulb or halogen. It has a more orange and warmer tone, with a ‘soft white’ appearance. Ideal for living rooms.
3000K - Warm White
Clearer, but still quite warm. This is the ‘new norm’ for general lighting and is the most popular option. If you’re unsure I’d recommend trying this one.
4000K - Cool White
Clearer, whiter and crisp; used in commercial locations including supermarkets. Cool white appears brighter than warm white as the LED is covered in less phosphor. It can make a room appear cold and clinical but used correctly (white walls etc) it can make a room appear cleaner and modern.
More information about colour temperatures.
Dimensions Check Dimensions Tab Dimmable Yes Downlight TypeSpecifications
Recessed downlights are available in different types such as fixed, adjustable and bathroom (IP65).
Fixed downlights shine the light directly downards. Adjustable downlights allow you to redirect the angle of light onto a specific object or area.
IP65 downlights are water resistant and suitable for use in bathroom zones 1 & 2. Most integrated LED downlights are IP65 rated as standard. This means they can be used anywhere including kitchens and living rooms etc.
Fixed GU10 downlights don't offer any resistance to water, their IP rating is usually IP20. They have no seal and cost less.
Bathroom (IP65) Finish Fire Rated Yes IP RatingSpecifications
IP (International or Ingress Protection) defines a products level of resistance to dust and moisture. The first digit is for dust and the second digit is for moisture.Anything higher than IP44 can be used in bathroom zones 1 and 2. IP44 is splash proof and resistance to particles larger than 1mm.An IP65 rating offers a higher resistance to moisture and is generally used outdoors. IP65 is usually specified for bathroom downlights but according to the Building Regulations, IP44 provides adequate protection.An IP68 rating is fully water resistant and can be submersed in water, up to 1M in depth.
IP65 Incandescent Equivalent 50 W Life Expectancy 60,000 Hours Lumens 538 Lumens Product Type LED Downlight Series Ansell Prism Pro Sku APRILEDP/** Voltage 230V AC Warranty 5 Years Wattage 6.4 W
- Height/Depth: 55mm
- Length: 57mm
- Outer diameter: 90mm
- Hole cut out size: 73mm
Warm White 3000K
- APRILEDP/WW - Matt White
- APRILEDP/WW+APRILEDPBZ/CH - Polished Chrome
- APRILEDP/WW+APRILEDPBZ/SC - Satin Chrome
- APRILEDP/WW+APRILEDPBZ/BLK - Matt Black
Cool White 4000K
- APRILEDP/CW - Matt White
- APRILEDP/CW+APRILEDPBZ/CH - Polished Chrome
- APRILEDP/CW+APRILEDPBZ/SC - Satin Chrome
- APRILEDP/CW+APRILEDPBZ/BLK - Matt Black
- APRILEDP/WW - Matt White