The Icage's revolutionary 'cool cage' open rated design allows the lamp (usually an LED) inside to ventilate whilst still providing fire protection. As opposed to traditional ‘fire can’ downlights which cut off the air flow and prevent the lamp from 'breathing'.
This version is now available on stock clearance while stocks last. There is a now a newer version of this downlight called the iCage Mini. The iCage Mini is more compact in height and only accepts perfect fit GU10 lamps. This original iCage version takes both perfect fit GU10 lamps and deeper versions such as the Philips Hue and many others.
This fantastic special offer is expected to sell fast.
Icage downlights increase the life expectancy of the lamp by improving airflow and reducing the risk of overheating and lamp failures. This is increasingly important when using LEDs which are more costly to replace than halogen.
Overheating is the number one cause of LED failure. By using the Icage you are increasing the likelihood that the LED will last for as long as it is designed to, ensuring that it achieves its full life expectancy of 25,000 to 40,000 hours.
Available in fixed, adjustable and IP65 (bathroom) versions with the fixed position version being the most popular and cheapest type of Icage downlight.
Fixed downlights direct the light in one direction; down. The adjustable version provides you with the added option of directing the light onto a certain object or specific area of the room. The IP65 version is fully sealed and suitable for use in bathroom zones 1 and 2.
- Wattage: Max 50 watt, lamps must be ordered separately, see related products.
- Voltage: Optional, supplied with both mains voltage GU10 and MR16 (GU5.3) low voltage lamp holders.
- Position: Fixed, adjustable (known as gimbal) and IP65 version available. Choose from the product options.
- IP Ratings:
Fixed and adjustable versions are IP20, not suitable for bathroom zones 1 and 2.
IP65 version is specifically designed for use in bathroom zones 1 and 2 and can be used directly above a shower.
- Material: Die cast aluminium with an ultra slim bezel.
- Finish: Choose from the following finishes:
Black chrome - Fixed and IP65 only
Brass (available on request) Polished chrome Satin chrome - Adjustable and IP65 only
White - Adjustable only
- Not suitable for use with the Philips Master Value range.
- Manufacturer: Ansell Lighting
- Guarantee: Icages are now covered by a lifetime guarantee. This does not include the LEDs.
- Availability: In Stock. See iCage Mini for other variations.
- Height: 137mm overall height (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 90mm diameter.
- Cut out size: 76mm
- Height: 131mm overall height (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 95mm
- Cut out size: 76mm
- Angle of tilt: 30 degrees (reduced to approximately 20 degrees when fitted with deeper lamps).
- Height: 147mm overall height (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 108mm
- Cut out size: 85mm
Approvals & Building Regulations
- iCage downlights comply with Building Regulations; Part B (fire safety), Part C (moisture protection), Part E (acoustics).
- Please note that the adjustable version is not covered by Part C (moisture).
- They also comply with Part L (energy efficiency) when fitted with a suitable low energy lamp.
- Icage downlights are fully fire rated, they are fitted with an intumescent pad that expands in the event of a fire. This seals off the hole and prevents the spread of fire. Icage downlights are tested for use in 30, 60 & 90 minute ceilings.
Fire Rating Certificates
AICD/AB - Antique brass AICD/BLC - Black chrome AICD/BR - Brass AICD/CH - Polished chrome AICD/SC - Satin chrome AICD/WH - White AICD/MW - Matt white
AICG/AB - Antique brass AICG/BLC - Black chrome AICG/BR - Brass AICG/CH - Polished chrome AICG/SC - Satin chrome AICG/WH - White AICG/MW - Matt white
AICD/IP65/AB - Antique brass
- AICD/IP65/BLC - Black chrome
AICD/IP65/BR - Brass AICD/IP65/CH - Polished chrome AICD/IP65/SC - Satin chrome AICD/IP65/WH - White AICD/IP65/MW - Matt white