The Hybrid range of LED downlights from JCC lighting offer a new concept in LED downlighting technology. Hybrid9 downlights have all of the benefits of integrated downlights but unlike others on the market, the LED is replaceable. The LED and bezel are fitted with a specially designed three pronged cap that is quite similar to a GU10 fitting. This allows you to easily change the LED and bezel if you ever need to.
This product provides you with all of the pros of an integrated downlight such as the more modern looking design and improved thermal management. But without any of the cons such as not being able to replace the LED if it fails. This product offers the best of both worlds and represents another step forward for recessed LED downlights.
The Hybrid9 is ideal for pessimists who don't have complete confidence in other integrated downlights but want something more superior than a basic GU10 downlight.
The combination of an integrated and serviceable LED downlight offers these key advantages:
- In the unlikely event of a failure you can swap over the LED and replace it yourself without having to get an electrician involved.
- If you ever want to change the colour temperature, you can swap it over.
- If the LED eventually reaches its end of life (50,000 hours) you can replace it without having to change the entire downlight and do any rewiring.
- The bezel is attached to the LED and is also interchangeable which means you can change to a different finish or remove it for decorating.
Available in three finishes which include chrome, satin nickel and white. The Hybrid 9 has an impressive lumen output of 725-750 lumens. It is fire rated, insulation coverable, dimmable and IP65 rated as standard. These features provide pretty much everything you could possibly want from an LED downlight. If you don't need something quite as bright check out the Hybrid7.
Also supplied with a LevLink wiring connector, see the bottom of the page for further information.
- Wattage: 8.5 watt / comparable to a 50 watt halogen.
- Voltage: Mains 240V via the LED driver.
- Cap / base: The LED is integrated into the downlight but is also replaceable.
- Position: Fixed
- IP Rating: IP65 as standard and suitable for use bathroom zones 1 and 2.
- Available finishes: White, polished chrome and satin nickel.
- Colour temperatures: Warm white 3000K & Cool white 4000K.
- Lumen output:- Warm white 3000K: 725 lumens. Cool white 4000K: 750 lumens.
- Efficacy: 85-88 lumens per watt.
- Colour rendering index: 80 CRI
- Dimmable as standard. Recommended dimmer switch, the new FGLED dimmer switch.
- Part L Compliant.
- Fire rated: Yes, fully fire rated.
- Beam angle: 38 degrees
- LED driver included: Yes
- Life expectancy: 50,000 hours or 23 years if used for 6 hours per day.
- Manufacturer: JCC Lighting
- Guarantee: 10 years for domestic use or 5 years for commercial. CLICK HERE to register.
Another new innovation from JCC that is supplied with this product is the LevLink wiring connector. This loop in, loop out plug-in intelligent connector is supplied with every Hybrid9 downlight as standard and makes installations faster and easier to do. With push fit connectors, it enables the wiring to be completed without needing any tools!
One side of the connector is wired into the ceiling like this:
The other side of the connector is attached to the Hybrid9. When you're ready to connect the downlight to the mains you simply plug the downlight into your lighting circuit. This is also advantageous if you ever need to take it out of the ceiling as it can be quickly and safely unplugged.
- Height: 97mm including terminal block.
- Rim diameter: 92mm
- Hole cut out size: 76mm
Warm White 3000K
- JC94903BN - Brushed Nickel
- JC94903CH - Polished Chrome
- JC94903WH - White
Cool White 4000K
- JC94301BN - Brushed Nickel
- JC94301CH - Polished Chrome
- JC94301WH - White