The Hybrid range of LED downlights from JCC lighting offer a new concept in LED downlighting technology. Hybrid9 downlights have all of the benefits of integrated downlights but unlike others on the market, the LED is replaceable. The LED and bezel are fitted with a specially designed three pronged cap that is quite similar to a GU10 fitting. This allows you to easily change the LED and bezel if you ever need to.
This product provides you with all of the pros of an integrated downlight such as the more modern looking design and improved thermal management. But without any of the cons such as not being able to replace the LED if it fails. This product offers the best of both worlds and represents another step forward for recessed LED downlights.
The Hybrid9 is ideal for pessimists who don't have complete confidence in other integrated downlights but want something more superior than a basic GU10 downlight.
Available on special offer, this is the best value LED downlight available on the market.
The combination of an integrated and serviceable LED downlight offers these key advantages:
- In the unlikely event of a failure you can swap over the LED and replace it yourself without having to get an electrician involved.
- If you ever want to change the colour temperature, you can swap it over.
- If the LED eventually reaches its end of life (50,000 hours) you can replace it without having to change the entire downlight and do any rewiring.
- The bezel is attached to the LED and is also interchangeable which means you can change to a different finish or remove it for decorating.
Available in three finishes which include chrome, satin nickel and white. The Hybrid 9 has an impressive lumen output of 725-750 lumens. It is fire rated, insulation coverable, dimmable and IP65 rated as standard. These features provide pretty much everything you could possibly want from an LED downlight. If you don't need something quite as bright check out the Hybrid7.
Also supplied with a LevLink wiring connector, see the bottom of the page for further information.
- Wattage: 8.5 watt / comparable to a 50 watt halogen.
- Voltage: Mains 240V via the LED driver.
- Cap / base: The LED is integrated into the downlight but is also replaceable.
- Position: Fixed
- IP Rating: IP65 as standard and suitable for use bathroom zones 1 and 2.
- Available finishes: White (4000K only), polished chrome and satin nickel.
- Colour temperatures: Warm white 3000K & Cool white 4000K.
- Lumen output:- Warm white 3000K: 725 lumens. Cool white 4000K: 750 lumens.
- Efficacy: 85-88 lumens per watt.
- Colour rendering index: 80 CRI
- Dimmable as standard. Requires a trailing edge dimmer (not compatible with leading edge). We recommend Varilight V-Pro or Hamilton LEDStat dimmer switches.
- Part L Compliant.
- Fire rated: Yes, fully fire rated.
- Beam angle: 38 degrees
- LED driver included: Yes
- Life expectancy: 50,000 hours or 23 years if used for 6 hours per day.
- Manufacturer: JCC Lighting
- Guarantee: 10 years for domestic use or 5 years for commercial. CLICK HERE to register.
Another new innovation from JCC that is supplied with this product is the LevLink wiring connector. This loop in, loop out plug-in intelligent connector is supplied with every Hybrid9 downlight as standard and makes installations faster and easier to do. With push fit connectors, it enables the wiring to be completed without needing any tools!
One side of the connector is wired into the ceiling like this:
The other side of the connector is attached to the Hybrid9. When you're ready to connect the downlight to the mains you simply plug the downlight into your lighting circuit. This is also advantageous if you ever need to take it out of the ceiling as it can be quickly and safely unplugged.
RRP: £6.49Prices From
Ex VAT £3.89 Inc VAT £4.67
40% off RRP
RRP: £34.35Prices From
Ex VAT £16.49 Inc VAT £19.79
52% off RRP
RRP: £46.00Prices From
Ex VAT £36.80 Inc VAT £44.16
20% off RRP
RRP: £19.11Prices From
Ex VAT £12.42 Inc VAT £14.90
35% off RRP
Very well made product, I like the fact you can change the LED unlike some of the other brands I looked at first, plus the LED is part of the bezel and you can change the colour of the bezel and the light in the future.
Very easy to install with the in line connectors built in. Good quality build and easy to swap out bulbs (although I haven’t had to replace the long life bulbs yet).
Look good and better than what they were replacing. Straightforward to install (once *** sizes adjusted)
Super piece of kit and even has screw less connectors included. Bought for non standard large holes which were a bit bigger than should be even for these, but the spring clips are good quality and hold the lights firm against the ceiling. Will buy this brand again!
Great quality and price was very good
- Height: 97mm including terminal block.
- Rim diameter: 92mm
- Hole cut out size: 76mm
Warm White 3000K
- JC99903BN - Brushed Nickel
- JC99903CH - Polished Chrome
JC99903WH - White
Cool White 4000K
- JC99901BN - Brushed Nickel
- JC99901CH - Polished Chrome
- JC99901WH - White