Loft caps not only provide fire protection but also allow thermal insulation to be laid over the downlight. No longer do you have to cut around insulation which causes drafts and is not energy efficient. Loft caps reduce heat loss which occurs when warm air escapes through the gaps in a downlight. One loft cap can save around £5 per year by preventing warm air from escaping.
Unless downlights carry the F Capped Approval they should not come in direct contact with insulation as it can cause a fire hazard. We offer two sizes of loft caps for downlights. The ALC274 which is 274mm x 162mm and is shaped like a top hat and the ALC275 which is 260mm x 150mm and is shaped like a Robin Hood hat.
- Provides a fire rating for downlights. Tested for 60 minute ceilings.
- The energy saved in heating is estimated at £5.00 per year per loft cap.
- Approved to Building Regulations Part L (energy efficiency).
- Approved to Building Regulations Part B (fire safety).
- Allows continuous loft insulation to be laid over a downlight.
- Easy to install, no screws or drilling required.
- Suitable for use with both fire rated and non fire rated downlights.
- F Capped (different but similar to F Marked).
- The F Capped Approval is an Internationally recognised standard and is also known as British Standards BSEN60598.1 and BSEN60598.2.2.
- Loft caps can be used with almost any type of downlight (maximum 50 watt).
Downlight attic protectors are exactly as advertised
Bathroom down lights and covers were all satisfactory.
Product was good done job well
- Lower diameter 274mm
- Upper diameter: 224mm
- External height 162mm
- Internal height 150mm
- Wall thickness 10mm
- Internal height: 140mm
- Internal diameter: 200mm
- External height: 150mm
- External diameter at base (length): 260mm
- External diameter at base (width): 230mm
- External diameter at top: 80mm
- Wall thickness: 10mm