Megaman 5.5 watt dimmable GU10 LED is a low energy alternative to a 50 watt halogen and supersedes the popular 6 watt version. Offering an even higher lumen output than the 6 watt version at 500 lumens, it contains Megaman Lighting's latest dimming technology known as U-Dim.
U-Dim dimming technology stands for universal which means it will work with a wider selection of dimmer switches that are leading edge or trailing edge. The previous 6 watt version was widely regarded as the best dimmable GU10 LED on the market and the 5.5 watt is expected to be even better!
Available in 3 colour temperatures, the 2800K extra warm white version is a great match to a 50 watt halogen, providing brightness and exceptional colour warmth.
Overheating is the number one cause of LED failure and often happens when an LED is fitted inside an enclosed luminaire such as a traditional fire can style downlight. When using LEDs with fire rated downlights, we recommend using the Icage which has a unique open rated design. The Icage's ‘cool cage’ design helps to minimise the risk of overheating and lamp failure.
- Wattage: 5.5W comparable brightness to a 50W halogen with 90% energy savings.
- Cap / base: GU10
- Colour temperature / lumens:
Warm white 2800K/ 500 lumens
Cool white 4000K / 500 lumens
Daylight 6500K / 500 lumens
- Efficacy: 91 lumen per watt.
- Voltage: Mains 220- 240V no additional drivers or transformers required.
- Colour rendering index: 82 CRI
- Beam angle: 35 degrees.
- Use with: GU10 mains powered open rated downlights or luminaires. For fire rated downlights we recommend Icage.
- Start-up time: Instant, no warm up time.
- Dimmable: Yes, recommended dimmer switch: Varilight V-Pro series or Lightwave RF.
- Life expectancy: 50,000 hours (L70).
- Energy efficiency rating: A++
- Manufacturer: Megaman
- Guarantee: 3 years can be extended to 5 years by registering with Megaman CLICK HERE.
- Height: 57mm
- Diameter: 50mm
- 141724 - 2800K Warm white
- 141726 - 4000K Cool white
- 141728 - 6500K Daylight