Miniature LED downlights are ideal for display or decorative lighting purposes providing a more minimalist approach. The ZEP0.5 produces 140 lumens and has a narrow 30 degree beam angle with only 3 watt of power consumption! It is constructed from high quality die-cast aluminium and is adjustable allowing you to direct the light onto a specific object or area.
It is available in dimmable or non dimmable options, the dimmable version can now be ordered as a kit which comes with one ZEP0.5 and one mains dimmable LED driver, CLICK HERE to view. Alternatively larger LED drivers can be used to wire multiple ZEP0.5 downlights but they must be wired in series. More care needs to be taken when wiring in series as it can damage the lights if a connection is not made correctly.
When dimming, we recommend using the Varilight V-Pro or similar LED compatible dimmer switch. The ZEP0.5 downlight can be ordered on its own or with an LED driver in different variations depending on how many you want to run on each circuit. For an easier installation we recommend selecting the ZEP0.5/SS/MAINS version.
- Wattage: 3 watt
- Comparable light output to: 20W halogen but with 85% energy savings.
- Finish: Brushed stainless steel.
- Material: Die cast aluminium.
- Wiring of LED drivers for constant current applications must be wired in series
- Life expectancy: 50,000 hours or 22 years if used for 6 hours per day.
- Colour temperature: 3000K warm white.
- Current: 700ma constant current, must be wired in series. Must be used with one of our recommended LED drivers or the warranty will be voided. Now available in mains voltage: CLICK HERE to view.
- Lumen output: 140 lumen
- Efficacy: 47 lumen per watt
- Voltage: 700ma LED driver required*
- LED driver included: No, please choose from the product options, the listed price does not include a driver.
- Dimmable: It is the driver that makes it dimmable or not, please choose from the product options. The dimmable version dims with leading edge or trailing edge dimmer switches. We recommend the Varilight JQP401W.
- Fire rated: No.
- Adjustable: Yes, gimbal style downlight.
- IP rating: IP20 not suitable for use in bathroom zones 1 or 2.
- Instant start up: Yes
- Beam angle: 30 degrees.
- Manufacturer: EcoLED LED Lighting
- Guarantee: 5 years
* The ZEP0.5 must be wired in series. See the dimensions tab for a wiring diagram.