Designed specifically for use in GU10 spotlights, the new clear glass LED spotlight bulb is dimmable and available in 2700K or 3000K colour temperatures.
The latest range of Philips Classic CLA LED spotlight bulbs offer a more classic halogen like appearance. With a clear glass casing that allows additional light to be omitted through the reflector. The vast majority of light is still omitted forwards through its 36 degree beam angle, allowing the main focus of light to be where its need most, directly forwards.
Halogen technology is old and very inefficient but it did have some positive features that not all LEDs can replicate. In particularly one design flaw with other GU10 LEDs is that they only shine their light in one direct. This is advantageous when using them in downlights as none of the light is wasted in the ceiling void. But is a disadvantage when they're fitted in spotlights. This is because traditional halogen ceiling spotlights, illuminates the area behind them and provides more light. Halogens are made from glass whereas an LED isn't and the light is usually blocked from the back so it only directs the light in one way.
- Wattage: 5.5W comparable brightness to a 50W halogen with 88-90% energy savings.
- Cap / base: GU10
- Colour temperature / lumen: Choose from the product options:
- Extra warm white 2700K / 350 lumens
- Warm white 3000K / 365 lumens
- Efficacy: 66 to 64 lumens per watt.
- Voltage: Mains 220- 240V no additional drivers or transformers required.
- Colour rendering index: 80 CRI
- Beam angle: 36 degrees.
- Use with: GU10 spotlights. Can be used in downlights but other products would operate better such as the Philips Master Value 4.3W GU10 LED.
- Start-up time: Instant, no warm up time.
- Dimmable: Yes, recommended dimmer switch: Varilight V-Pro series .
- Life expectancy: 15,000 hours. That's 14 years if used for 3 hours per day.
- Manufacturer: Philips
- Guarantee: 3 years
- Height: 53mm
- Diameter: 50mm
- 929001218802 - 2700K
- 929001254102 - 3000K