Forming part of the successful Philips Master Value range of low energy LED lamps is the new 12V 5.5 watt MR16. Providing a low energy alternative to a 35 watt halogen it is dimmable as standard and designed to operate with existing low voltage transformers. Philips Master Value products offer high quality, reliability at an affordable price.
Although it's marketed as a 35 watt alternative, this very latest glass casing version consumes less energy and produces more light, with a 450 to 490 lumen output. It is brighter than many other LEDs that claim to be a 50 watt alternative. It is the same physical size as a halogen meaning it will fit inside existing downlights. This is a new generation of LED products that are ideal for the home, offering superb value for money.
- Wattage: 5.5 watt
- Halogen Equivalent: 35 watt
- Voltage: Low voltage 12V requires an additional transformer. Compatible with most 230V > 12V AC transformers but we recommend using the Varilight YT range.
- Cap / Base: GU5.3
- Colour temperatures and lumens:
Extra warm white 2700K = 450lms
Warm white 3000K = 460lms
Cool white 4000K = 490lms
- Start up time: Instant
- Energy efficiency rating: A+
- Dimming: For loading purposes it should be classed as 35W. For example a 105W transformer will power 3 of these lamps or use one 50W or 60W transformer per light.
- Beam angles: 36 degrees
- Colour rendering index: 80 CRI
- Life expectancy: 25,000 hours
- Manufacturer: Philips
- Guarantee: 3 years
Good product. Fair price
Seems a good product
Good product - a bit expensive, but works well
Excellent dimmable LED lights that made transition from existing halogens painless. Although I've switched to LED-specific dimmers & transformers where required I've also got a number of static lights and these work perfectly with the old low voltage halogen transformers, showing no flicker.
One *** unit out of 50 plus ordered, hence only four stars. Used as a replacement for 50w halogen - with new transformers - and the results are good
- Diameter: 50.5mm
- Height: 45mm
- 929001325902 - 2700K
- 929001326002 - 3000K
- 929001326102 - 4000K