Hippo solder-less connectors are used to connect LED strip tape without having to solder. Providing a faster solution to soldering, they help to speed up installation times and provide more flexibility when fitting LED tape on site.
The advantage of using a Hippo connector instead of the usual solder-less fast connectors is that they can also be used with water resistant IP65 LED tape. The older style of fast connectors don't work very well with water resistant LED tape as it has an epoxy resin coating. The resin coating prevents full contact with the connector and the LED tape solder point. The Hippo connector is now available in an IP20 or IP65 version which has specially designed pin contacts that pierce through the resin.
Available in 5 pin (for RGBW or RGBWW strips), 4 pin (for RGB strips) or 2 pin (for single colour strips). The Hippo connector comes in a strip to strip version or a strip to wire version. The strip to strip connector connects 2 LED tapes together without leaving a gap. The strip to wire version allows you to add an input or output cable to an LED tape that you've cut.
To install them simply cut your LED tape to the desired length and peel back the self adhesive backing, then open the mouth of the Hippo connector. Insert the LED tape into the mouth and close it. The connector then clamps down on the LED tape forming a secure connection. Then you can either connect another LED tape to it, or connect a cable with the tape to wire version.
For flat corners we have some L shaped connections that fit into the Hippo connectors.
Be sure not to go over the recommended continuous length of the LED tape or volt drop issues will occur. This is usually 10M with 24V tape or 5M with 12V tape but it does vary.
- Available for use with 5 pin RGBW/RGBWW, 4 pin RGB strips or 2 pin single colour versions.
- For use with water resistant IP65 or non water resistant IP20 rated LED tapes (available in single colour only).
- Suitable for LED tape widths: 10mm wide for RGB and single colour or 12mm wide for RGBW & RGBWW
- LED tape and wire must be ordered separately
- Voltage: 12-24V DC
- See data sheets tab for further information and recommended cable sizes.
- Manufacturer: LED Strip Fit
Very good. Works very well.
The connectors are difficult to prise open if contact is not made correctly first time round. See also my previous comments on instructions.
difficult to part the lid, manageable but fiddly..
See data sheet tabs for drawings and further specifcation.
Strip to Wire IP20
- HP-SEN10XB-2 - Single colour 2 Pins
Strip to Wire IP65
- HP-DJN10XB-2 - Single colour 2 Pins
- HP-DJN10XB-4 - RGB 4 Pins
- HP-DJN12XB-5 - RGBW 5 Pins
Strip to Strip IP20
- HP-SEN10BB-2 - Single colour 2 Pins
Strip to Strip IP65
- HP-DJN10BB-2 - Single colour 2 Pins
- HP-DJN10BB-4 - RGB 4 Pins
- HP-DJN12BB-5 - RGBW 5 Pins