Fire Rated LED Downlight Aurora MPro
The M Pro is the latest and brightest version of the popular M Series range downlights from Aurora Lighting.
The Aurora M Pro is the latest and brightest version of the popular M Series range downlights from Aurora Lighting. Representing a few giant steps forward for downlighting technology in general. The Aurora M Pro contains some great new features:
- Increased lumen output of up to 640 lumens
- Wider 60 degree beam angle as standard
- Insulation coverable as standard no separate ICC (Insulation Cover Cap) required
- Flexible driver that can be flipped over allowing it to be fitted into ceiling voids from just 47mm!
With the increase in demand for energy efficiency thicker thermal insulation is required which makes space in ceiling voids limited. As this product is insulation coverable as standard the new removable driver design allows it to be fitted into the tightest of spaces. When the driver is flipped over it's still insulation coverable. Currently the shallowest insulation coverable downlight on the market.
Fired rated and IP65 as standard which also includes the adjustable version the Aurora M Pro is also supplied with a fast-fix connector. This connector allows the majority of the wiring to be done at ground level and helps to speed up installation times. This downlight is the complete package.
Both the fixed and adjustable versions are now available. The adjustable version is also IP65 rated and only 47mm in depth a truly superb product offering from Aurora Lighting. The MPro is also available in a trim-less and a baffle version known as the MPRO5.
- Wattage: 6 watt / Comparable brightness to a 50 watt halogen
- Voltage: Mains 240V no other items are required
- Cap / base: Fully integrated LED downlight
- Position: Fixed, also available in adjustable
- IP Rating: IP65
- Beam angle: 60 degree
- Material: Die cast aluminium bezel included in the price
- Finish: Available in matt white, polished chrome and satin nickel. Choose from the product options
- Colour temperatures & Lumens:
- Extra warm 2700K - 560 lms
- Warm white 3000K - 600 lms
- Cool white 4000K - 640 lms
- Colour rendering index: 80 CRI
- Part L Compliant
- Fire rated: Yes fully fire rated. Tested for 30, 60 and 90 minute ceilings
- Double Insulated no earth required
- Insulation coverable without the need for any accessories.
- Triac Dimmable.
- LED driver included: Yes new DOB (Driver On Board) design
- Life expectancy: 40,000 hours
- Manufacturer: Aurora Lighting
- 5 Year guarantee
Specifications Beam AngleSpecifications
Every light source from an LED to a simple wax candle has a beam angle. A beam angle is a measurement of how the light is distributed. GU10 LEDs and recessed downlights have a fairly narrow beam of around 40 degrees, anything within 5 degrees is classed as a medium beam.
A wax candle or traditional light bulb would have a beam angle of 360 degrees as the light shines all the way around but is less intense.
Combing brighter downlights with wider 60 degree beams allows you to space them out further, reducing the total amount of lights needed.
More information about beam angles.
60 Degrees Brand Aurora Lighting CRISpecifications
CRI stands for Colour Rendering Index. It is a measurement of how well a light source can render the true colour of an object compared to natural light.
Rated out of 100, with an open flame or sunlight being a perfect 100. A light with 90 CRI and above would be classed as having high CRI, while 80 CRI is the standard for LEDs.
80 Ra Cap Type Integrated LED Colour TemperatureSpecifications
Colour temperature is a measurement of appearance. Measured in Kelvins, the lower the rating, the warmer the light appears. Choosing the right temperature can have a dramatic effect on a room.
2700K - Extra Warm White
Similar to a traditional incandescent light bulb or halogen. It has a more orange and warmer tone, with a ‘soft white’ appearance. Ideal for living rooms.
3000K - Warm White
Clearer, but still quite warm. This is the ‘new norm’ for general lighting and is the most popular option. If you’re unsure I’d recommend trying this one.
4000K - Cool White
Clearer, whiter and crisp; used in commercial locations including supermarkets. Cool white appears brighter than warm white as the LED is covered in less phosphor. It can make a room appear cold and clinical but used correctly (white walls etc) it can make a room appear cleaner and modern.
More information about colour temperatures.
Dimensions Check Dimensions Tab Dimmable Yes Downlight TypeSpecifications
Recessed downlights are available in different types such as fixed, adjustable and bathroom (IP65).
Fixed downlights shine the light directly downards. Adjustable downlights allow you to redirect the angle of light onto a specific object or area.
IP65 downlights are water resistant and suitable for use in bathroom zones 1 & 2. Most integrated LED downlights are IP65 rated as standard. This means they can be used anywhere including kitchens and living rooms etc.
Fixed GU10 downlights don't offer any resistance to water, their IP rating is usually IP20. They have no seal and cost less.
Bathroom (IP65) Finish Fire Rated Yes GTiN 5055155404505 IP RatingSpecifications
IP (International or Ingress Protection) defines a products level of resistance to dust and moisture. The first digit is for dust and the second digit is for moisture.Anything higher than IP44 can be used in bathroom zones 1 and 2. IP44 is splash proof and resistance to particles larger than 1mm.An IP65 rating offers a higher resistance to moisture and is generally used outdoors. IP65 is usually specified for bathroom downlights but according to the Building Regulations, IP44 provides adequate protection.An IP68 rating is fully water resistant and can be submersed in water, up to 1M in depth.
IP65 Incandescent Equivalent 50 W Insulation CoverableSpecifications
In order to achieve Part L Compliance (energy efficiency) you shouldn't cut around thermal insulation. If you do this your home or building won't be energy efficient as valuable heat will escape through the hole of the downlight.
A downlight can act like a chimney and draw out warm, rising air from a room, up into the cold space above. The effect is increased in upper floors containing lofts.Insulation coverable downlights allow you to place thermal insulation directly on top of them.More information about insulation coverable downlights.
Yes Life Expectancy 40,000 Hours Lumens 560 Lumens Product Type LED Downlight Sku MPRO* Voltage 230V AC Warranty 5 Years Wattage 6 W
- Hole cut out size: 65 to 72mm. For larger holes of 85 to 145mm we have a hole converter plate available
- Rim diameter: 88mm
- Overall depth: 100mm but reduced to 47mm when the driver is flipped over
- AU-MPRO1A/27 - Extra warm white 2700K
- AU-MPRO1A/30 - Warm white 3000K
- AU-MPRO1A/40 - Cool white 4000K
Bezels (specific bezel supplied & included in the price when you select which finish you require)
- AU-BZ600MW - Matt white
- AU-BZ600SN - Satin nickel
- AU-BZ600PC - Polished chrome
- AU-BZ605W - Slim trim
- AU-MPRO1A/27 - Extra warm white 2700K