FireGuard GU10 Fire Rated Downlights JCC Lighting
JCC FireGuard GU10 downlights features significant advances for the GU10 downlight. JCC have redesigned the fire rated GU10 downlight and packed it with many technological features.
JCC FireGuard GU10 downlights features significant advances for the GU10 downlight. JCC have redesigned the fire rated GU10 downlight and packed it with many technological features. Designed with the electrical contractor and end user in mind, the FireGuard series is easy to install and looks great when fitted.
Supplied with a push-fit wiring connector that helps to speed up installation times. Unlike usual GU10 downlights that have a terminal block attached to the back of the downlight, the FireGuard comes with a proper loop-in, loop-out wiring connector with press-fit terminals and cable clamp hinge.
Supplied with detachable bezels which allow you to paint your ceiling, then re-attached them when the painting is completed. The modern and ultra slim 3mm bezels offer a more minimal appearance.
They're fire rated and insulation coverable as standard and designed specifically for use with GU10 LEDs.
Available in fixed IP20, adjustable IP20 and fixed IP65 for bathrooms, with 3 finishes to choose from that include, chrome and brushed nickel. The fixed IP20 version is also available in black.
GU10 downlights operate on mains voltage and don't require any additional LED drivers or transformers. They do require additional GU10 LED lamps though.
With a tapered fire can that fits easier into the ceiling and sturdy fixing clips, the JCC FireGuard is a premium quality product at an affordable price.
- Wattage: Max 7 watt for use with LED GU10 lamps only
- Voltage: Mains voltage 230V - no additional LED driver required
- Cap type: GU10
- Push-fit wiring connector with loop-in & loop-out terminals
- Position/ downlight types:
- Adjustable (known as gimbal or tilt)
- Bathroom IP65
- IP Ratings: Fixed and adjustable versions are IP20, not suitable for bathroom zones 1 and 2. IP65 version is specifically designed for use in bathroom zones 1 and 2 and can be used directly above a shower.
- Adjustable version tilts by 15 degrees
- Fully fire rated to 30, 60 and 90 minute ceilings
- I-Joist compliant
- Insulation coverable
- Material: Die cast aluminium
- Brushed nickel
- Black (fixed IP20 only)
- Manufacturer: JCC Lighting
- Guarantee: 2 Years
Specifications Brand JCC Lighting Cap Type GU10 Double Insulated No Downlight TypeSpecifications
Recessed downlights are available in different types such as fixed, adjustable and bathroom (IP65).
Fixed downlights shine the light directly downards. Adjustable downlights allow you to redirect the angle of light onto a specific object or area.
IP65 downlights are water resistant and suitable for use in bathroom zones 1 & 2. Most integrated LED downlights are IP65 rated as standard. This means they can be used anywhere including kitchens and living rooms etc.
Fixed GU10 downlights don't offer any resistance to water, their IP rating is usually IP20. They have no seal and cost less.
Finish Fire Rated Yes IP RatingSpecifications
IP (International or Ingress Protection) defines a products level of resistance to dust and moisture. The first digit is for dust and the second digit is for moisture.Anything higher than IP44 can be used in bathroom zones 1 and 2. IP44 is splash proof and resistance to particles larger than 1mm.An IP65 rating offers a higher resistance to moisture and is generally used outdoors. IP65 is usually specified for bathroom downlights but according to the Building Regulations, IP44 provides adequate protection.An IP68 rating is fully water resistant and can be submersed in water, up to 1M in depth.
IP20 Insulation CoverableSpecifications
In order to achieve Part L Compliance (energy efficiency) you shouldn't cut around thermal insulation. If you do this your home or building won't be energy efficient as valuable heat will escape through the hole of the downlight.
A downlight can act like a chimney and draw out warm, rising air from a room, up into the cold space above. The effect is increased in upper floors containing lofts.Insulation coverable downlights allow you to place thermal insulation directly on top of them.More information about insulation coverable downlights.
Yes Product Type GU10 Downlight Series JCC FireGuard Sku FIREGUARD Voltage 230V AC Warranty 2 Years
Fixed & IP65 Bathroom
- Diameter: 87mm
- Height: 84.9mm (recommended Minimum Void Requirement: 150mm)
- Cut out size: 74mm
- Diameter: 100mm
- Height: 92.3mm (recommended Minimum Void Requirement: 150mm)
- Cut out size: 85mm
- JC010010/NB+JC010013/BN - Brushed Nickel
- JC010010/NB+JC010013/BL - Black
- JC010010/NB+JC010013/CH - Chrome
- JC010010/NB+JC010013/WH - White
- JC010023/NB+JC010026/BN - Brushed Nickel
- JC010023/NB+JC010026/CH - Chrome
- JC010023/NB+JC010026/WH - White
- JC010010/NB+JC010019/BN - Brushed Nickel
- JC010010/NB+JC010019/CH - Chrome
- JC010010/NB+JC010019/WH - White