Varilight have recently changed their popular Eclique range of touch dimmer switches into the Eclique 2. This new range is now modular meaning it can be interchanged and used in a grid format along with other switches such as slaves or and off switches. The design has changed from the older blue ring to a new rectangular shaped button with a smaller infra-red receiver in the centre. It now has separate up and down buttons rather than the touch control which dimmed or brightened the lights in the opposite setting, if you'd dimmed the lights with press one, press two would brighten them.
Still containing Varilight's market leading V-Pro LED dimming technology it is designed for use with dimmable LED lights, although it will still work with incandescent and halogen. Available in a variety of finishes including brushed steel, polished chrome, premium white and premium black and will no doubt add a modern touch to your interiors.
They are also fitted with an infra-red receiver which allows you to sit back and relax whilst controlling your lighting ambiance either with Varilights own YRC8 8 button remote, YRE8 scene controller or it can be tuned into your Sky+ remote.
- Now with up and down dimming buttons.
- Can be controlled with many domestic infra-red handsets such as TV, Hi-Fi, Video etc. Or add the Varilight YRC8 remote from the related products.
- With soft start and automatic overload protection.
- Contains trailing edge technology.
- Smoother dimming than leading edge and silent operation, no buzzing.
- For 2 way switching you need a slave. Eclique dimmers don't work with ordinary 2 way switches. See related products.
- Allows multi-way dimming.
- Manufacturer: Varilight
- Guarantee: 10 Years
Dimming Capabilities (Per Gang)
The given dimming capabilities are for guidance only.
Read our 'installing a light switch' guidelines.
Great product, really easy to use.
Look good and sit nice and flush with the wall and part inside the wall is compact. Would have been nice if there was a light on when switched off as with older model and also these are a bit difficult to get to exactly the brightness you want as they dim up and down rather quickly.
I'm not convinced by these switches (dimming not smooth particularly with Sky remote) and thinking perhaps a conventional rotating knob would have been better, but perhaps they'll grow on me.
well made, easy to connect and very pleasing to the eye.
1 & 2 Gang / Single Face Plate
- Width: 85mm
- Height: 85mm
3 & 4 Gang / Double Face Plate
- Width: 145mm
- Height: 85mm
- Brushed Steel - JDSE101S
- Polished Chrome - JDCE101S
- Premium White - JDQE101S
- Premium Black - JDLE101S
- Brushed Steel - JDSE102S
- Polished Chrome - JDCE102S
- Premium White - JDQE102S
- Premium Black - JDLE102S
- Brushed Steel - JDSE103S
- Polished Chrome - JDCE103S
- Premium White - JDQE103S
- Premium Black - JDLE103S
- Brushed Steel - JDSE104S
- Polished Chrome - JDCE104S
- Premium White - JDQE104S
- Premium Black - JDLE104S