The new miniature version of the market leading Ansell Icage is a more compact version which has an overall height of 89mm (gimbal) to 94mm (fixed) and 100mm (IP65). This version now only houses perfect fit LEDs that have heights of around 55mm, deeper LEDs like the Philips 8W GU10 which is 80mm in height or the Philips Hue won't fit.
If you're looking for fire rated downlights for the Philips Hue GU10 click here to view the Integral EvoFire, the non insulation coverable version has no height restrictions allowing it to house deeper LED GU10s.
The revolutionary 'cool cage' open rated design allows the lamp (usually an LED) inside to ventilate whilst still providing fire protection. As opposed to traditional ‘fire can’ downlights which cut off the air flow and prevent the lamp from 'breathing'.
Icage downlights increase the life expectancy of the lamp by improving airflow and reducing the risk of overheating and lamp failures. This is increasingly important when using LEDs which are more costly to replace than halogen.
Overheating is the number one cause of LED failure. By using the Icage you are increasing the likelihood that the LED will last for as long as it is designed to, ensuring that it achieves its full life expectancy of 25,000 to 40,000 hours.
Available in fixed, adjustable and IP65 (bathroom) versions with the fixed position version being the most popular and cheapest type of Icage downlight.
The Icage Mini now comes with spring clip covers which protect those plaster board ceilings and help to minimise pressure on installers delicate fingers!
- Wattage: Max 50 watt, lamps must be ordered separately, see related products.
- Voltage: Mains voltage GU10, no LED driver required (12V MR16 Lamp holder can be ordered in the related products).
- Position: Fixed, adjustable (known as gimbal) and IP65 version available. Choose from the product options.
- IP Ratings:
Fixed and adjustable versions are IP20, not suitable for bathroom zones 1 and 2.IP65 version is specifically designed for use in bathroom zones 1 and 2 and can be used directly above a shower.
- Material: Die cast aluminium with an ultra slim bezel.
- Finish: Choose from different 6 finishes:
White (glossy) available on request
- This product is not insulation cover-able but can be covered with insulation by adding a loft cap or Spotclip.
- Manufacturer: Ansell Lighting
- Guarantee: Icages are now covered by a lifetime guarantee. This does not include the LEDs.
RRP: £46.00Prices From
Ex VAT £36.80 Inc VAT £44.16
20% off RRP
RRP: £19.11Prices From
Ex VAT £12.42 Inc VAT £14.90
35% off RRP
RRP: £6.49Prices From
Ex VAT £3.89 Inc VAT £4.67
40% off RRP
RRP: £33.35Prices From
Ex VAT £16.01 Inc VAT £19.21
52% off RRP
Good value for money, thought you need do alter a couple of screw positions, and bend the metal connection box arm to fit it through the plasterboard.
Nice quality fittings.
Well made easy to install looks good
- Height: 94mm overall height (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 90mm diameter.
- Cut out size: 76mm
- Height: 89mm overall height (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 95mm
- Cut out size: 76mm
- Angle of tilt: 30 degrees
- Height: 100mm overall height (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 108mm
- Cut out size: 85mm
Approvals & Building Regulations
- iCage downlights comply with Building Regulations; Part B (fire safety), Part C (moisture protection), Part E (acoustics).
- Please note that the adjustable version is not covered by Part C (moisture).
- They also comply with Part L (energy efficiency) when fitted with a suitable low energy lamp.
- Icage downlights are fully fire rated, they are fitted with an intumescent pad that expands in the event of a fire. This seals off the hole and prevents the spread of fire. Icage downlights are tested for use in 30, 60 & 90 minute ceilings.
Fire Rating Certificates
- AMICD/AB - Antique brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/BLC - Black chrome - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/BR - Brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/CH - Polished chrome - In stock
- AMICD/SC - Satin chrome - In stock
- AMICD/W - White (glossy) - Available on request, we recommend matt white instead.
- AMICD/MW - Matt white - In stock
- AMICG/AB - Antique brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICG/BLC - Black chrome - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICG/BR - Brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICG/CH - Polished chrome - In stock
- AMICG/SC - Satin chrome - In stock
- AMICG/W - White (glossy) - Available on request, we recommend matt white instead.
- AMICG/MW - Matt white - In stock
- AMICD/IP65/AB - Antique brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/IP65/BLC - Black chrome - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/IP65/BR - Brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/IP65/CH - Polished chrome - In stock
- AMICD/IP65/SC - Satin chrome - In stock
- AMICD/IP65/W - White (glossy) - Available on request, we recommend matt white instead.
- AMICD/IP65/MW - Matt white - In stock