The new miniature version of the market leading Ansell Icage is a more compact version which has an overall height of 89mm (gimbal) to 94mm (fixed) and 100mm (IP65).
The miniature version of the first open rated GU10 downlight on the market; the Ansell Icage mini is a more compact version which has an overall height of 89-100mm (depending on downlight type). This version now only houses perfect fit LEDs that have heights of around 55mm, deeper LEDs like the Philips 8W GU10 which is 80mm in height or the Philips Hue won't fit.
The revolutionary 'cool cage' open rated design allows the lamp (usually an LED) inside to ventilate whilst still providing fire protection. As opposed to traditional fire can downlights which cut off the air flow and prevent the lamp from 'breathing'.
Icage downlights increase the life expectancy of the lamp by improving airflow and reducing the risk of overheating and lamp failures. This is increasingly important when using LEDs which are more costly to replace than halogen. In recent years other brands have adopted this technology.
Overheating is the number one cause of LED failure. By using the Icage you are increasing the likelihood that the LED will last for as long as it is designed to ensuring that it achieves its full life expectancy of 25,000 to 40,000 hours.
Available in fixed adjustable and IP65 (bathroom) versions with the fixed position version being the most popular and cheapest type of Icage downlight.
The Icage Mini now comes with spring clip covers which protect those plaster board ceilings and help to minimise pressure on installers delicate fingers!
- Wattage: Max 50 watt lamps must be ordered separately see related products.
- Voltage: Mains voltage GU10 no LED driver required (12V MR16 Lamp holder can be ordered in the related products).
- Position: Fixed adjustable (known as gimbal) and IP65 version available. Choose from the product options.
- IP Ratings:
Fixed and adjustable versions are IP20 not suitable for bathroom zones 1 and 2. IP65 version is specifically designed for use in bathroom zones 1 and 2 and can be used directly above a shower.
- Material: Die cast aluminium with an ultra slim bezel.
- Finish: Choose from different 6 finishes:
White (glossy) available on request
- This product is not insulation cover-able but can be covered with insulation by adding a loft lid or Spotclip.
- Manufacturer: Ansell Lighting
- Guarantee: Icages are now covered by a lifetime guarantee. This does not include the LEDs.
Specifications Brand Ansell Lighting CRI 80 Ra Cap Type GU10 Cut Out Size RangeSpecifications
We cater for a wide range of cut out sizes from the infinitesimally tiny to the big ginormous.
If you're replacing existing downlights, its best to measure the existing hole sizes and ensure your new downlights will fit.
We also stock hole converter plates for oversized holes.
76-90 mm Dimmable LED Not Included Downlight TypeSpecifications
Recessed downlights are available in different types such as fixed, adjustable and bathroom (IP65).
Fixed downlights shine the light directly downards. Adjustable downlights allow you to redirect the angle of light onto a specific object or area.
IP65 downlights are water resistant and suitable for use in bathroom zones 1 & 2. Most integrated LED downlights are IP65 rated as standard. This means they can be used anywhere including kitchens and living rooms etc.
Fixed GU10 downlights don't offer any resistance to water, their IP rating is usually IP20. They have no seal and cost less.
Finish Fire Rated Yes Incandescent Equivalent 50 W Insulation CoverableSpecifications
In order to achieve Part L Compliance (energy efficiency) you shouldn't cut around thermal insulation. If you do this your home or building won't be energy efficient as valuable heat will escape through the hole of the downlight.
A downlight can act like a chimney and draw out warm, rising air from a room, up into the cold space above. The effect is increased in upper floors containing lofts.Insulation coverable downlights allow you to place thermal insulation directly on top of them.More information about insulation coverable downlights.
No Optional LampsSpecifications
Choose between a selection of our most popular GU10 LEDs, or order the downlights on their own. A larger selection of GU10 LEDs can be found here.Here is a brief description of the main 3 colour temperatures:
More information including images can be found here.
- 2700K - Extra Warm White
Similar to a traditional light bulb or halogen. Not all LEDs are available in this colour temperature. This is often referred to as ‘soft white’ and is ideal for living rooms, or areas of relaxation.
- 3000K - Warm White
Clearer lighting tone but still quite warm. This is the ‘new norm’ for general lighting and is the most popular option. If you’re unsure and want something less orangey than 2700K and not as harsh as 4000K, then try this.
- 4000K - Cool White
A clearer colour tone, popular in commercial locations as well as bathrooms & kitchens. Cool white appears brighter than warm white as the LED is covered in less phosphor. It can make a room appear cold and clinical but used in a modern setting, it can make a room feel modern and brighter.
Product Type GU10 Downlight Sku ICAGE-MINI Voltage 230V AC Warranty Infinite Years
- 2700K - Extra Warm White
- Height: 94mm overall height (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 90mm diameter.
- Cut out size: 76mm
- Height: 89mm overall height (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 95mm
- Cut out size: 76mm
- Angle of tilt: 30 degrees
- Height: 100mm overall height (including terminal block).
- Diameter: 108mm
- Cut out size: 85mm
- AMICD/AB - Antique brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/BLC - Black chrome - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/BR - Brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/CH - Polished chrome - In stock
- AMICD/SC - Satin chrome - In stock
- AMICD/W - White (glossy) - Available on request we recommend matt white instead.
- AMICD/MW - Matt white - In stock
- AMICG/AB - Antique brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICG/BLC - Black chrome - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICG/BR - Brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICG/CH - Polished chrome - In stock
- AMICG/SC - Satin chrome - In stock
- AMICG/W - White (glossy) - Available on request we recommend matt white instead.
- AMICG/MW - Matt white - In stock
- AMICD/IP65/AB - Antique brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/IP65/BLC - Black chrome - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/IP65/BR - Brass - Delivery usually 1-2 days
- AMICD/IP65/CH - Polished chrome - In stock
- AMICD/IP65/SC - Satin chrome - In stock
- AMICD/IP65/W - White (glossy) - Available on request we recommend matt white instead.
- AMICD/IP65/MW - Matt white - In stock