The Halers H2 Pro 550 is an integrated LED downlight that is also fire rated. The LED module and driver is built into the fitting. Integrated LED downlights are brighter than conventional GU10 downlights and they last almost twice as long. It is also fully water resistant (IP65) as standard meaning it can be used in areas including kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms etc.
Formally known as the EvoLED, the H2 Pro 550 is now in its fourth generation and is 25 to 30% brighter than earlier models. In June 2015 Halers made some slight improvements mainly changing the bezel to a twist on rather than snap on. It is also more compact in size at just 56mm.
It is still dimmable as standard and is available in a choice of 6 different finishes, choose the one you prefer from the product options. A square bezel version is also available on request.
The market leading Halers H2 is available in a choice of beam angles. The industry standard 38 degree beam and a wider 60 degree beam. A 38 degree beam is narrow but more intense whilst a 60 degree beam spreads the light out further. A wider beam and can be used more effectively in larger rooms as it can allow further spacing's to be achieved and fewer downlights to be installed.
- Wattage: 8.5 watt / Comparable brightness to a 50 watt halogen
- Voltage: Mains 240V via the integrated LED driver.
- Cap / base: N/A The LED is integrated into the downlight.
- Position: Fixed position only. Check out the matching Halers H4FF which is a fully adjustable version that has the same LED chip and beam angle angle variations.
- IP Rating: IP65 suitable for bathroom zones 1 and 2.
- Material: Plastic bezel.
- Finish: Available in 6 finishes. Choose from the product options.
- Colour temperatures and lumens:
- Extra warm white 2700K - 480lm
- Warm white 3000K - 550lm
- Cool white (also known as neutral white) 4000K - 580lm
- Need more lumens? The new Halers H2 Pro 700 has a lumen output of up to 765 lumens.
- 2700K - 56 lumens per watt
- 3000K - 64 lumens per watt
- 4000K - 68 lumens per watt
- CRI: 80 - Higher colour rendering.
- Part L Compliant.
- Fire rated: Yes, fully fire rated.
- Beam angle: Optional 38 or 60 degrees, choose from the product options or click here for more information.
- Dimmable: Yes, fully dimmable as standard.
- LED driver included: Yes
- High power factor of 0.95
- Can be covered in thermal insulation by adding a SpotClip insulation cover cap.
- Manufacturer: Halers / Collingwood Lighting.
- Life expectancy: 70,000 hours.
- 7 Year guarantee: CLICK HERE.
The Halers H2 Pro is one of our most popular integrated LED downlights care needs to be taken when choosing the right dimmer switch for it.
Although the Lutron Rania dimmer switch featured in our video does work, if the settings of the Rania aren't configured in a specific way it can cause the H2 Pro to fail. Collingwood have now stopped replacing them under warranty when this happens. Here are the Rania settings you need:
Enter the advanced programming settings and set it to trailing edge (ELV) with blip mode on. Otherwise the dimmer can send a pulse output which causes the H2 Pro to fail.
As a precaution we recommend choosing a different dimmer switch. Halers now recommend the Varilight V-Com or their own DM298GRID dimmer. Also compatible with Hamilton Litestat, Danlers DQDGDMK400W grid dimmer and Lutron Grafik Eye QS.
Q1) How many downlights do I need for my room?
A1) As a guide we recommend installing 1 downlight per square metre. This equates to having a distance of 0.5M from the walls and 1M between each light. Collingwood Lighting have created this website so you can play around with how many you need CLICK HERE to view.
Q2) Does it come with a bezel?
A2) Yes, the bezel is included in our price, simply select which finish you want from the product options. See the bottom of the page to compare each one.
Q3) Do I need any other items?
A3) No, this downlight has an integrated LED and driver attached to it. It is essentially mains voltage. All you need is mains cable and some junction or connector boxes. We recommend the Click Flow Connector which will speed up your installation and make it easier to wire.
Approvals & Regulations
- Halers LED downlights comply with Building Regulations; Part B (fire safety), Part C (moisture protection), Part E (acoustics).
- The H2 Pro is also Part L1 & L2 compliant (energy efficiency).
Extra warm white / 2700K - 60 degree beam
- DL3566027 + RB359BLK - Matt Black Bezel
- DL3566027 + RB359BS - Brushed Steel Bezel
- DL3566027 + RB359CR - Polished Chrome Bezel
- DL3566027 + RB359PG - Polished Gold Bezel
- DL3566027 + RB359SIL - Silver Bezel
- DL3566027 + RB359MW - Matt White Bezel
Warm white / 3000K - 38 degree beam
- DL35638WW + RB359BLK - Matt Black Bezel
- DL35638WW + RB359BS - Brushed Steel Bezel
- DL35638WW + RB359CR - Polished Chrome Bezel
- DL35638WW + RB359PG - Polished Gold Bezel
- DL35638WW + RB359SIL - Silver Bezel
- DL35638WW + RB359MW - Matt White Bezel
Warm white / 3000K - 60 degree beam
- DL35660WW + RB359BLK - Matt Black Bezel
- DL35660WW + RB359BS - Brushed Steel Bezel
- DL35660WW + RB359CR - Polished Chrome Bezel
- DL35660WW + RB359PG - Polished Gold Bezel
- DL35660WW + RB359SIL - Silver Bezel
- DL35660WW + RB359MW - Matt White Bezel
Cool white / Neutral white 4000K - 38 degree beam
- DL35638NW + RB359BLK - Matt Black Bezel
- DL35638NW + RB359BS - Brushed Steel Bezel
- DL35638NW + RB359CR - Polished Chrome Bezel
- DL35638NW + RB359PG - Polished Gold Bezel
- DL35638NW + RB359SIL - Silver Bezel
- DL35638NW + RB359MW - Matt White Bezel
Cool white / Neutral white 4000K - 60 degree beam
- DL35660NW + RB359BLK - Matt Black Bezel
- DL35660NW + RB359BS - Brushed Steel Bezel
- DL35660NW + RB359CR - Polished Chrome Bezel
- DL35660NW + RB359PG - Polished Gold Bezel
- DL35660NW + RB359SIL - Silver Bezel
- DL35660NW + RB359MW - Matt White Bezel