Fire Rated LED Downlight Aurora E8
The Aurora Enlite E8 has many technological advantages over the majority of the other downlights we offer but the key selling point is the price.
The Aurora E8 has many technological advantages over the majority of the other downlights we offer but the key selling point is the price. This all in one, integrated LED downlight is competitively priced from one of the UK's leading lighting manufacturers. The Aurora E8 provides you with everything you could ever want from a downlight and even offers features you may not know you need!
- Fully integrated mains voltage LED downlight that contains everything you need (except for cables).
- Fully fire rated.
- Dimmable as standard but don't worry you don't have to dim it. Like other dimmable LEDs the E8 also operates perfectly well with an on/off switch.
- Bright light output of up to 620 lumens that exceeds the performance of a 50 watt GU10 but consumes just 8 watts.
- Wide beam angle of 60 degrees which spreads the light out further and provides great uniformity.
- Low glare multifaceted lens.
- Push fit loop in, loop out terminals which are integrated into the top of the driver.
- Rated at IP65 standard suitable for use in all room types including kitchens bathrooms or living rooms.
- Insulation coverable as standard, no need for additional loft covers or insulation cover caps.
Supplied with an aluminium die cast bezel which is available in a choice of three finishes; matt white, polished chrome and satin nickel and included in the low price. Available in warm white or cool white colour temperatures.
Aurora Enlite is a range of high quality lighting products at affordable prices. With a slightly lower guarantee period of 3 years compared to 5 years for the M Pro Series, they offer great value for money.
- Wattage: 8 watt / Comparable brightness to a 50 watt halogen
- Voltage: Mains 240V no other items are required.
- Cap type: The LED is integrated into the downlight and comes as one neat unit
- Position: Fixed, adjustable version also available
- IP Rating: IP65 suitable for bathroom zones 1 and 2
- Material: Die cast aluminium bezel included in the price
- Finishes: Available in matt white, polished chrome and satin nickel. Choose from the product options
- Colour temperatures: Warm white 3000K or cool white 4000K. Choose from the product options
- Colour rendering index: 80 CRI
- Lumen output:
- 3000K Warm white 580 lumens
- 4000K Cool white 620 lumens
- Efficacy: 71 lumens per watt
- Part L1 and L2 Compliant
- Fire rated: Yes fully fire rated. Tested for 30, 60 and 90 minute ceilings
- Beam angle: 60 degrees
- Insulation coverable as standard, no need for additional accessories.
- Dimmable as standard. We recommend the Varilight V-Pro range when dimming LEDs.
- LED driver included: Yes
- Life expectancy: 25,000 hours (L70)
- Manufacturer: Aurora Lighting
- 3 Year guarantee
Specifications Beam AngleSpecifications
Every light source from an LED to a simple wax candle has a beam angle. A beam angle is a measurement of how the light is distributed. GU10 LEDs and recessed downlights have a fairly narrow beam of around 40 degrees, anything within 5 degrees is classed as a medium beam.
A wax candle or traditional light bulb would have a beam angle of 360 degrees as the light shines all the way around but is less intense.
Combing brighter downlights with wider 60 degree beams allows you to space them out further, reducing the total amount of lights needed.
More information about beam angles.
60 Degrees Brand Aurora Lighting CRI 80 Ra Cap Type Integrated LED Colour TemperatureSpecifications
Colour temperature is a measurement of appearance. Measured in Kelvins, the lower the rating, the warmer the light appears. Choosing the right temperature can have a dramatic effect on a room.
2700K - Extra Warm White
Similar to a traditional incandescent light bulb or halogen. It has a more orange and warmer tone, with a ‘soft white’ appearance. Ideal for living rooms.
3000K - Warm White
Clearer, but still quite warm. This is the ‘new norm’ for general lighting and is the most popular option. If you’re unsure I’d recommend trying this one.
4000K - Cool White
Clearer, whiter and crisp; used in commercial locations including supermarkets. Cool white appears brighter than warm white as the LED is covered in less phosphor. It can make a room appear cold and clinical but used correctly (white walls etc) it can make a room appear cleaner and modern.
More information about colour temperatures.
Dimensions Check Dimensions Tab Dimmable Yes Downlight TypeSpecifications
Recessed downlights are available in different types such as fixed, adjustable and bathroom (IP65).
Fixed downlights shine the light directly downards. Adjustable downlights allow you to redirect the angle of light onto a specific object or area.
IP65 downlights are water resistant and suitable for use in bathroom zones 1 & 2. Most integrated LED downlights are IP65 rated as standard. This means they can be used anywhere including kitchens and living rooms etc.
Fixed GU10 downlights don't offer any resistance to water, their IP rating is usually IP20. They have no seal and cost less.
Bathroom (IP65) Finish Fire Rated Yes GTiN 5055155499273 IP RatingSpecifications
IP (International or Ingress Protection) defines a products level of resistance to dust and moisture. The first digit is for dust and the second digit is for moisture.Anything higher than IP44 can be used in bathroom zones 1 and 2. IP44 is splash proof and resistance to particles larger than 1mm.An IP65 rating offers a higher resistance to moisture and is generally used outdoors. IP65 is usually specified for bathroom downlights but according to the Building Regulations, IP44 provides adequate protection.An IP68 rating is fully water resistant and can be submersed in water, up to 1M in depth.
IP65 Incandescent Equivalent 50 W Insulation CoverableSpecifications
In order to achieve Part L Compliance (energy efficiency) you shouldn't cut around thermal insulation. If you do this your home or building won't be energy efficient as valuable heat will escape through the hole of the downlight.
A downlight can act like a chimney and draw out warm, rising air from a room, up into the cold space above. The effect is increased in upper floors containing lofts.Insulation coverable downlights allow you to place thermal insulation directly on top of them.More information about insulation coverable downlights.
Yes Life Expectancy 25,000 Hours Lumens 680 Lumens Product Type LED Downlight Sku E8* Voltage 230V AC Warranty 3 Years Wattage 8 W
- Hole cut out size: 70mm
- Rim diameter: 85mm
- Depth /Height: 90mm
Warm White 3000K
- EN-DE8/30+EN-BZE8MW - Matt White
- EN-DE8/30+EN-BZE8PC - Polished Chrome
- EN-DE8/30+EN-BZE8SN - Satin Nickel
Cool White 4000K
- EN-DE8/40+EN-BZE8MW - Matt White
- EN-DE8/40+EN-BZE8PC - Polished Chrome
- EN-DE8/40+EN-BZE8SN - Satin Nickel